Franco Giorgi

Any news?

Post by Franco Giorgi »

Any news?

axys

Re: Any news?

Post by axys »

Indeed. In July of last year we were told;
We just did not want to promise any unrealistic release date we might not be able to keep.
The new version has reached the last stage before the release of a public preview. By the end of this summer we will be able to upload a working beta and the final release will follow soon afterwards. Thank you for your patience.
We continue to be patient - we have little choice - but really, how long does it take to apologise for the delay/update us? CAD development is moving quickly, although I am confident that 2D will remain predominant for the foreseeable future, for smaller works at least. Ilexsoft just need to be more communicative.
OS X Monterey - iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, late 2015 with 27 inch second screen

axys

Post by axys »

Is there anyone there at Perugia? Come on, its not unreasonable to expect at least a response to periodic requests for information, given that the beta release was expected some 6 months ago. An update would be gratefully received!
OS X Monterey - iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, late 2015 with 27 inch second screen

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

It really does get to be quite ridiculous how quite things are on the update front. We keep getting promises of information, yet nothing comes of it. It really would be nice if ilexsoft would at least give monthly updates explaining that there is a delay with the release of the next version, since it obviously has been delayed.

I do look forward to the improvements of the next version, but the silence about it is very disheartening. It seems a bad PR move by ilexsoft to keep it's users in the dark like this.
matthew.Stanfield
Principal Architect
FiELD9: architecture
Mansfield, OHio
http://www.field9architecture.com

macitect

Post by macitect »

Couldn't agree more... I have now used most of the "high end" CAD programs out there, including implementing BIM, and for straight 2D draughting HD is still my favourite.

I have been looking very forward to the next update, but it is getting ridiculous the amount of time we've been waiting with absolutely no news. I thought something was forthcoming a while ago when the site seemed to be updated, but more than 2 years after it was initially indicated to me that a significant update was forthcoming still nothing.

Please Ilexsoft, if you are still alive and kicking let us know, and please be honest with us about where you are at with development.

SurfingAlien

Post by SurfingAlien »

wait... Silo3D and HighDesign left out in the cold, SketchUp sold to Trimble...
what's this, a sort of Autodesk secret plan or it's just me falling in love with the wrong apps?