Update 2015

General HighDesign Discussions
Beagle

Update 2015

Post by Beagle »

i have a question.
until now I have send a lot of bug-reports of little things we don't work like they seems to work in HD1.8
I believe that I'm not the only one who find things who don't work

When can we expect an Update where all these reported errors shall be corrected; ( Or must we wait for one year so that we must purchase the update )
Ship modelling is not a hobby, it has become a way of live. © Brian King.
Als je ouder wordt, wordt alles slechter, behalve het vergeten, dat wordt steeds beter ..

kohledfusion

Re: Update 2015

Post by kohledfusion »

Aloha Beagle, you are not the only one. My list got so long that I went back to using 1.8 exclusively.
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I give it up !!!!! to work with HD2015.

I can not understand that a product that has been tested for 2 years , as they say, can be so xxxxxxx.....( fill in)
I ask myself what they have been tested?
I use this software just the same way as 1.8.7 and most of what I do in the past seems not to work anymore.
The problem is when You have made drawings in HD2015 that you even can go back to 1.8.7.

I strongly think about purchasing an other drawing software.
Ship modelling is not a hobby, it has become a way of live. © Brian King.
Als je ouder wordt, wordt alles slechter, behalve het vergeten, dat wordt steeds beter ..

axys

Post by axys »

There was a Facebook update on 13 April "We are working on the next update, which will be available very soon. New features like a large crosshair cursor, click-drag to pan, new options and many improvements".
OS X Monterey - iMac Retina 5k, 27 inch, late 2015 with 27 inch second screen

Skywagon

Post by Skywagon »

Hi to all frustrated 2015 Highdesigners,

I have decided to give up 2015 and get back to 1.87. Many issues every now and than..more and more. Many automatic notifications have been sent to our Champs in Italy. I did send also several remarks with drawings and issues that are permanent. Example amongst many :
A set of linked walls with a couple of doors inserted when asked to multiply by symetry (horizontal or vertical) the results are unacceptable..!!
Generating circles does produce errors and breakdowns!
Snap window has to be reactivated everytime I restart the program
Choosing the units for text - dimensions (millimeters) must be redefined in every new session since they always come back with the ‘’points’’ default
In général the program hangs but it won’t really quit …. I have to use quit from the ‘’Highdesign’’ menu . Reopening the corrupted document is impossible …etc I HAD TO RESTART FROM SCRATCH MY MOST RECENT PROJECT!!
I hope my remarks contribute to your great efforts in making the program more reliable.
I gladly volunteer to test ''thoroughly in real architects working conditions'' your next releases..until then I'll stick to 1.87 although 2015 is so much better organized and cool as a global interface.
Best to all

Skywagon
Tony Manias
Architect
Geneva - Switzerland