How to change the scale of an imported DXF or PDF file?

General HighDesign Discussions
sburkhead

How to change the scale of an imported DXF or PDF file?

Post by sburkhead »

Hi guys,

I have a pdf cad file that I have converted to a DXF line file. when imported the scale is off (I have tried a few cad apps and they are all about the same). In Sketchup I can group all the lines and find a measurement I now (like the basement concrete wall at 10" which and rescale the whole drawing with the tape measure tool. I have tried all sorts of different imports and scaling without a lot of luck. I am brand new to high design so this may be a really basic question, it is just something I am used to in sketchup but not in high design. So you can understand the scale differential that 10" thick wall in High design measures at 5.33'

Thanks,
Scott

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: How to change the scale of an imported DXF or PDF file?

Post by Andrew »

Hi Scott, in HighDesign you can resize the drawing just as in SketchUp, just more easily:

1. Find an item of known length in the drawing. No need to select or group anything.
2. Use the Measure Line tool to trace it.
3. While the Measure tool is still active, in the Object Info panel click the Length field and enter the new length.
4. A dialog asks you to confirm the intention to resize.

sburkhead

Post by sburkhead »

not sure if I have the wrong tool, but I tried and it was not working. So I was measuring the distance between these 2 lines which would be 10" and I have not yet gotten it to work...maybe I am not doing something right. Nothing is wooing un the object info panel?

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

This new video tutorial on our YouTube channel should help :)

sburkhead

Post by sburkhead »

wrong tool...that video helps so much amazing. I have a lot to learn, and getting started can be a challenge. Thanks for the help. one last completely different thing that I would love help with. I am wondering what tool I could do arches with? I tried the arcs tool and the 2 point arc always makes the arc a half circle. I am trying to replicate the red dashed lines showing the circuits for the lights...Again thanks for the support this app is truly amazing, the support is even better

Scott

sburkhead

Post by sburkhead »

I think I have this all figured out...just takes some getting used to this all