General regarding snap

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
peterthisted

General regarding snap

Post by peterthisted »

Hi there,

First of all, the highlighting of an element in red and yellow dots
tends to confuse me a lot.
Can this be changed to have selected items in total just one color, lets say you
pick a line and the total line goes red or yellow ?

Secondly on the same subject, I would like the snap markings of a point to be
a colored (big) dot , so there is no question on what point is picked.
The black "small" markings gets overlooked in a detailed drawing.

Also It seems that it is not possible to pick a quadrant point of a circle
as a standard snap point.

I decided a while ago, when I bought the pro version, to use this as my only
CAD application.
However, since then I have gone back and foreward from my former
CAD application when I had to do work in a hurry.
It is very fustrating because this is AutoSketch 2.1 for Windows :evil:

Please give me a hint on how to solve the problems.

Peter Thisted

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

I would like to help but I don't fully understand your statement on yellow dots... could you clarify. I don't believe that I have seen yellow dots highlighting an object.

Overall, the magnetism (pixel size) of snaps can be set in the Perferences panel.

I have also learned to turn off other sheets and disable (lock) sheets or layers not in use on particularily dense drawings. This helps isolate the lines (and snaps) for only the objects you are concerned about. I especially find that picking points for complex hatches (to which there is no in-command undo (wish-list)) that selection problems arise.

Another tip is to work on an overall scale as large as possible because the zoom ranges are more manageable. I start to get artifacts and selection bugs when I'm trying to detail a door hinge on a dawing that is 1:96 scale... if I bump the scale up to 1:3 or something I notice improvements.

I agree selecting the endpoint of a line that is also the endpoint of a shared line can be hit or miss sometimes if you're trying to modify and not the other.

It seems to my untrained sense of programming that HD relies a lot on the GPU and screen pixels to be integral to the snap/selection process. In other mainstream applications the selection snaps are more straight forward and quicker.
fat guy in a little coat