blocks, trim and other stuff...

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
macitect

blocks, trim and other stuff...

Post by macitect »

We don't usually discuss new features, but would you find useful a tool to modify a view of an existing symbol and automagically update all instances of that symbol in your projects?
If the answer is yes, please write to our feedback address to request any features you would like it to have. Thanks.
Here are a couple things I am dreaming of in the next update:
1. the ability to trim BETWEEN two cutting objects. (I consider this one MAJOR! At the moment if I start with construction lines and want to trim between objects I am forced to split and then trim, thereby more than doubling the operations necessary to simply erase a small bit of a line)
2. control over what side of a line is kept with the JOIN command (like keeping the side that was clicked on...)
3. being able to modify symbols... whether in a new window or not, so that it changes all instances of that symbol. Or simply the ability to open the symbol files!!! (see thread "symbol modification" in the USER FORUM.)
4. being able to use polygons and shapes in the extend and trim commands. (ie extending arcs, and using the edges of rectangle to trim.)

Hope these are clear, if any of them aren't please let me know and will try to re-explain.

Thanks guys. Keep up the great work.

cheers,
macitect

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Command+B for Break will let you erase a line between two intersections. I believe your wish is for the Trim function to have a "Fence" selection tool (a la acad) to drag across this middle bit and anything else you want trimmed.

I like your join improvement and the arc editing.

On your wish for symbols and instances, Sketchup does this nicely with its Components, Groups and Outliner. Perhaps this can be a concept for HD.
fat guy in a little coat

macitect

Post by macitect »

Thanks Ybalx, I hadn't yet discovered command+B. I guess it would help to really read the manual more closely... probably would save me a lot of time in the long run.
Yes I was thinking of Autocad, but not necessarily the trim fence, although that would be REALLY nice. (I tend to draw elevations and sections by subtraction meaning I drag ALL the pertinent lines from the plan and then trim them back.)
I was thinking more of the fact that I can choose multiple trim edges and then trim the line(s) between them with one click on each. Or, by choosing NO lines and commencing the trim command ALL lines become trim edges so anyline that is clicked on will be trimmed between the two closest lines.

Anyways thanks again.

cheers,
macitect