Improvements to Wall and Default Edit Panels

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
alexwhite

Improvements to Wall and Default Edit Panels

Post by alexwhite »

The abililty to float panels like Walls, Layers, Doors, Windows, Lines... Leave them open all the time for quick selection. Maybe even have duplicate panels open. I try to use Walls from time to time, but to have to open the edit panel to change a door swing, size. etc. each time is beyond comprehension for production drafting. In a sense, the ulimate would be to have a user defined on screen digitizer tablet (thinking about my old acad days) where we could load common doors, windows, etc. Then click and drag.

The other wish regards Doors and Windows within Walls. I believe it needs to have more snap and inference abilities to precisely place these elements. I can waste 5 minutes trying to place a door 48" off a corner with the mouse and it constantly switches between 3'11-15/16" and 4'0-1/8". I know that I could set some snap lines first, but this seems contrary to the point of Walls in the first place. IT would be better to initiate the door, then be able to select a start corner then enter L or something like Tracking to define the set point.
fat guy in a little coat

macitect

Post by macitect »

I want to second the post from ybalx.

I really love the idea of the walls, but I have found them a little messy still. I would love to see the wall functions improved where curves and tight corners are concerned. Also where you have a wall of varying thickness along one line.

I would also love to see the parametric objects (doors windows etc) made more robust. For instance the icons when choosing windows always show the sill, but when placed in the wall I never see the sill.

macitect