Wish list to HD 1.3

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
alexwhite

Wish list to HD 1.3

Post by alexwhite »

Importing a single DXF rather than batching a folder

In Hatch, being able to select islands to hatch in addition to the current selction of dragging a box around the perimeter

Being able to print grid lines

Plot at another scale (instead of rescaling the drawing -- which I do not understand...)

PDF a sheet with its boundaries rather than only the boundaries of line work.

Import a text file and spreadsheet in editable format (rather than only PDF or image) so that I could create text-based tables and notes in Word Processor and make minimal changes in HD

Thanks
fat guy in a little coat

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Wish list to HD 1.3

Post by Andrew »

ybalx wrote:Importing a single DXF rather than batching a folder
This is already possible through the "Open..." command.
ybalx wrote:In Hatch, being able to select islands to hatch in addition to the current selction of dragging a box around the perimeter
Hmm, do you mean being able to create blank islands inside a hatch? Or having a "Apply Hatch" command like the one under the Tools menu?

All other requests are quite interesting, thanks!
Andrea Suraci
ILEXSOFT - Look Ahead
https://www.ilexsoft.com

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Thanks for your clarification on opening single dxf's.

In autocad, you can pick space in between the lines that make up a wall rather than picking the lines them selves -- this is a huge time saver. You can also pick several "islands" at once and hatch them at one time. Also if you wanted to pick inside a room on a floor plan to hatch the floor this would be quicker than picking each line.

I have not had much success with the "hatch selected" command. Maybe I don't fully understand the command sequence.

Alex
fat guy in a little coat

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Got it, thanks. Sort of a "paint bucket" tool for hatches, which I agree is a huge timesaver.

The Hatch Selection tool looks for polygon objects (no matter if open or closed) or lines joined at the endpoints. Then it fills the region with the currently selected hatch.
Andrea Suraci
ILEXSOFT - Look Ahead
https://www.ilexsoft.com