Stretch & Select by Fence

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
daedalarch

Stretch & Select by Fence

Post by daedalarch »

I've been trying out the evaluation verson and two tools I'd really like to see are:

1. stretch - select objects such as lines or walls and move them while maintaing all connections between objects. (I see in the forum that others are suggesting this feature as well.)

2. ability to select objects with a fence or polygon

I am quite please with the interface and ease of use so far.

thank you

macitect

Re: Stretch & Select by Fence

Post by macitect »

daedalarch wrote:2. ability to select objects with a fence or polygon
Can you be more specific? Because there is already the ability to select with rectangles. With a regular rectangle you can select any and all objects which have a control point fall within the rectangle, and if you hold alt/option while selecting with a rectangle then you select only the objects fully within the bounds of your rectangle.

cheers

oh yeah, stretch would be quite nice too!!

daedalarch

Post by daedalarch »

Select with fence or polygon - I mean to input a series of points that describe an irregular shape to select objects within that shape.

For example say you have a plan with some furniture. You want to select only the furniture but the objects dont fall within a rectangle without selecting other objects such as the walls. By seleecting with a polygon shape you could select the desired objects and exclude ohers in one step. Granted one could use the rectangle and then deselect the unwanted objects.

It's a feature I've used in other software. There are times when it is useful to select with other shapes - especially when portions of a plan are not orthagonal with the shape of a selection rectangle.

thanks,
Kevin
[/img]

macitect

Post by macitect »

Gotcha. I had never used that in any other program (oh, except modo... but not much). Not a bad idea.