delete custom text

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
peatle

delete custom text

Post by peatle »

A way of deleting custom text that has been entered into a dimension so that it does not insert itself into the next dimension produced ( or have it delete as the default instead of being retained ).

peatle

Post by peatle »

FYI

Thanks Giovanni ......... I have disabled 'Update Defaults' and will see how this works for me.

Regarding having to hit the Apply button in order to make unchecking 'Custom Text' take effect.
I, and I would think most others, would find it most convenient for this to happen as the default. I can see that there could be occasions when one might want to repeatedly apply some custom text but this would be very rarely, in my case at least, and maybe this could have an optional checkbox to make it occur.

On 21-Aug-07, at 7:15 AM, Ilexsoft Tech Support wrote:

Hello Peter,

Following the pattern you reported I could reproduce the behaviour you described, though it is not a bug per se. In fact, the problem is that the settings of the property dialogs get stored only when you click the Apply/OK button. The Close button does not store any change you made in the dialog, like unchecking the Custom Text button.

Also, another option that might interfere is in Preferences, Workspace: the 'Always Update Defaults' option makes any settings you apply to a selected object the default for new objects too. Perhaps unchecking it could fit better your drawing habits.

I hope that helps clearing the situation. Please let us know if you have any suggestions or comments about this.

Best Regards,
Giovanni Suraci