habits...

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
Yien

habits...

Post by Yien »

hi!

i'm wondering if we could enter a distance or a angle manually after the first mouse click? instead of clicking the starting point plus clicking again the constraint line and finally the end point...

keep going! I already spread the word at school, everybody with a mac believe in the futur of your software. And I think it could become a refence for 2d cad on mac.. in version 2 or 3.

Van

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Van, good to have some more viuce on the forum.

I've got the old autocad habits too, especially with Line entries. I often (maybe twice each drawing session) click to start a line, enter the length, and look at the screen to realize I've rezoomed several times, since direct entry of numbers effects the zoom.

So the routine right now is:

1>Press "K" to start a line command
2>Click on the starting point of the line
3>Press "L" to bring up length box
4>Enter the line length numerically
5>Click anywhere or enter to leave the line box
6>Then click (using shift) or otherwise to set the end point

In autocad, steps 3 and 5 are eliminated, plus if you use polar snaps, the shift key is eliminated. Another nice habit of autocad is that the last distance entry becomes the default, so if you're drawings several lines of the same length, step 4 is eliminated.

One more line habit is the continuous line drawing routine, whereby you don't have to "k" everytime you want to start the command.

I've asked Andrea early on to look at reducing the steps. I realize that most of my wish list feedback over the last 6 months represents things that are autocad habits. I believe that ilexsoft is doing a great job of not trying to reproduce the acad best in its entirety, and has some novel ideas. However, for straight line production, it adds some time.
Alex
fat guy in a little coat