leader text blocks

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
alexwhite

leader text blocks

Post by alexwhite »

I'm noting up some drawings, wall sections and elevations. Wish we had a tool to start of a line with an arrow, click to set the end of the leader, then open up a text box for note entry.

Text styles, so that we can save different styles for labels and room names versus small text notes.

Dimension tolerances in Fractional Feet and Inches mode -- to eliminate 1/16" and the like.

Dimension Styles

Alex
fat guy in a little coat

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: leader text blocks

Post by Andrew »

ybalx wrote:I'm noting up some drawings, wall sections and elevations. Wish we had a tool to start of a line with an arrow, click to set the end of the leader, then open up a text box for note entry.
You described the exact behaviour of the Radial Dimension tool: select the Dimesions tool, Radial Dimension method; click on any point but a circle or arc. A text box pops up allowing you to enter the label. Text and line styles can be edited like any other dimension.
ybalx wrote: Text styles, so that we can save different styles for labels and room names versus small text notes.
Dimension Styles
They are all nice features, thanks for the request.
ybalx wrote: Dimension tolerances in Fractional Feet and Inches mode -- to eliminate 1/16" and the like.
Dimension tolerances are texts, so that you can enter them in any mode you want. But perhaps I have not 100% clear what you mean here.
Andrea Suraci
ILEXSOFT - Look Ahead
https://www.ilexsoft.com

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Thanks for the radial dimension tip... I'll try that this afternoon.

For dimension tolerances I mean this:

A line happens to be 12' 8-1/16". Why it is 1/16 over 8" is not important -- just happens through the drafting process. I'd like to set a dimension tolerance so that when I tag the line for a dimension, it reads 12' 8".

So its a dimensional rounding feature. In autocad, this functionality is provided via the Dimension Style modifcation routine -- and is labeled "Precision". You can round to any entered amount -- so if I want to round to 1/4"... When I hand drawings to a builder in the States and they see "1/16" or "1/32" they react as "this guy doesn't know what's important.

A work around is to "over ride" the dimension label, but this is too time consuming.

It would also be nice to remove "0" feet from dimensions smaller than 1 foot -- so instead of "0' 7" it would read "7""

Thanks
fat guy in a little coat