creating new sheets

If you would like to see a feature implemented in HighDesign please post your suggestions and requests here.
kohledfusion

creating new sheets

Post by kohledfusion »

Not a big rush, just a 'nice to have' when creating new sheets:

if I have an existing sheet highlighted in the sheet list when I click to add a sheet, it would be nice to have the attributes of the sheet copied (so I don't have to set the page size & show margins). It seems to copy scale, just not the page settings.

Current users - Whatever you do, don't click Alt & try to add a new sheet - it crashes HD :)

let me know if you need a screen shot.

Also, when a new sheet is created, you can't put any whitespace in the sheet name. You have to set a one word name, 'save', then reclick the name to edit & add whitespace.
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Thanks for the alt+ new sheet heads up.

Interesting behavior on the first new sheet creation... space seems to elicit a return. Second and beyond New Sheet doesn't seem to be bothered by the space in a name.

I'm surprised the Duplicate Sheet doesn't copy attributes beyond scale. However, I rarely ever turn on Sheet border views or margins anymore. I just work with print areas.
fat guy in a little coat

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

Huh, my new sheets 'enter' on whitespace, no matter how many I've made. I wonder how we're getting different behavior!
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *