CONCRETE

General HighDesign Discussions
peatle

CONCRETE

Post by peatle »

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO CREATE A HATCH TO REPRESENT CONCRETE IN SECTION ( WITH THE TRIANGLES AND DOTS ) AND THE FACE OF CONCRETE ... SPACED DOTS.

I'M FINDING THE HATCH CREATION PANE IN DRAWING MANAGER A LITTLE DAUNTING AND WONDER IF A HATCH WITH TWO DIFFERENT ELEMENTS CAN BE PRODUCED. I DIDN'T HAVE MUCH LUCK GETTING A LINETYPE THAT I PRODUCED TO APPEAR AND WONDER IF IT IS WORTH THE TIME EXPERIMENTING WITH THE HATCH CREATOR.

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO DO THIS OR OBTAINED THIS TYPE OF HATCH FROM ANY SOURCE THAT YOU COULD POINT ME TO ?

THANKS ~ PETER

macitect

Post by macitect »

Hi Peatle,

Yeah, the available hatches leave plenty to be desired at the moment. There are no "tileable" options, only groupings of infinite lines. I have had word from Ilexsoft that the hatch situation is one that they are going to be working on, but at the moment I haven't heard when we can expect anything. (incidentally the hatches that europeans use are much simpler... do you ever look at detail magazine? you'll see in there why HD offers what it does in the way of hatches.)

I don't do concrete hatch very often, but when absolutely necessary here is what I do: I have created a hatch pattern in a square and made a symbol of it. When necessary I import it, copy it to cover the entire area of that I want to hatch and then I explode the ones at the edges and erase the bits that I don't need. (I do this for hatches such as insulation as well.)

I'll dig up and email you the pattern if you would like... just pm me.

cheers,
ds

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Tileable patterns are on our high-priority to-do list. I cannot give you much details about the implementation, but would like to assure you we do feel the need for more options for the Hatch tool.

I personally find most of the drawings on Detail magazine to be perfect with respect to ISO standards, but, um, a bit dry.