Personal Training

General HighDesign Discussions
steven

Personal Training

Post by steven »

I'm an architect from Carmel, California (about 2 hrs. south of San Francisco) and after 15 yrs. of using acad I'm switching to HighDesign. I'm looking for someone who could come to my office to provide personal training in HighDesign. My work consists of custom homes in California and Hawaii. I can provide compensation and accomandations.

steven

Personal Training

Post by steven »

I'm still looking for someone to help me make the switch to HighDesign in my office. With my workload it's been difficult to spend much time in the transition. Also, I found out that my HP printer doesn't have any mac drivers available. I need to print ArchD (36"x24') size color prints. Any recomandations?
Thanks

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

I live nearby Carmel, Indiana...

Give me more details on your HP problem... are you still trying to print to this plotter or are you looking for ways to plot somewhere else?

Sorry can't help in person with training. Please use this forum to supplement you questions. As a HD user and believer I would like this forum and product to develop into something more used.
fat guy in a little coat

steven

Post by steven »

My printer problem.....I have a HP430D designject printer that I have been using for years with my pc using acad. After I bought my mac and HD I found out that HP doesn't have a mac driver for the HP430. I was hoping to not have to buy a new printer, but if I have to buy a new printer to plot my drawings from HD I was looking for reccommendations.
Thanks

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

As a workaround (maybe temporary) Export As in HD as *.plt file. Assuming you kept your windows/plotter setup you then open and plot the file via autocad.

I wonder whether you could use a generic parallel/serial plot driver for the mac/HP marriage?
fat guy in a little coat

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Looks like Mac OS X supports your plotter through gimp-print which is the default driver for older printers. Search Apple Tiger support for older print drivers or gimp-printers. This assumes you have the required usb to parallel/serial dongles, which shouldn't be a problem finding online if you don't.

I got this link from the Apple.com/support page

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Sup ... nters.php3

Good luck! Give a report back on what you find as a success.
fat guy in a little coat

Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

Gimp-Print is now called GutenPrint and you can download the latest version from MacUpdate.com at http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9055

Your HP DesignJet 430 is listed among the supported printers.
Hope that works!
Giovanni Suraci
ilexsoft - Look Ahead

steven

printer works

Post by steven »

Just a quick note that I was able to get my printer to work a driver from GutenPrint. As of now all the features of the printer seem to work. I have two projects that were started last year in acad and it just seems to make sense to finish the working drawings in acad. All new projects will be done in HD.
Best Regards