FILLET TOOL

General HighDesign Discussions
macitect

FILLET TOOL

Post by macitect »

Is there a way to control which side of an intersection two lines will filet from? For example, I had a vertical line and a horizontal line that I was trying to fillet. Each time I gave the fillet command the top and right portions of the 2 lines remained. I wanted the bottom and left portions to remain. I tried choosing the lines in different combinations, paying attention to where I clicked them etc. Nothing made a difference...

Am I missing something or should I drop this in the suggestion box?

cheers,
macitect

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Fillet and the command+j "Join" I believe work to keep the portions of the lines that have the center point. So if you're trying to join the short sections (less than the center point) you'll need to split the long line using command+/ or trim them to be shorter. I don't believe that there is another way to designate another direction.
fat guy in a little coat

macitect

Post by macitect »

Thanks ybalx!! I didn't realize about the centre point but it makes perfect sense.

by the way... did you get the email I sent you last weekend with all the questions? i am not impatient, just wondering if you got it.

cheers,
macitect

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Yeah I did... I've been out more than in the office to respond... I will however.

Back to point on the command, and perhaps this belongs in the wish list forum, but a solution to this problem that would speed up the routine would be to force the break/trim/join routine to cleave off the section opposite the intersection of your selection as a default. Therefore, if you select two lines on the sections that you want to keep, the command action would effect the opposite portions... makes sense?
fat guy in a little coat

macitect

Post by macitect »

ybalx wrote: Back to point on the command, and perhaps this belongs in the wish list forum, but a solution to this problem that would speed up the routine would be to force the break/trim/join routine to cleave off the section opposite the intersection of your selection as a default. Therefore, if you select two lines on the sections that you want to keep, the command action would effect the opposite portions... makes sense?
Makes perfect sense! I will add it to the wishlist today.

Cheers,

macitect