color background

General HighDesign Discussions
steven

color background

Post by steven »

How do I change the color of the sheet from white and still be able to see my drawing?

macitect

Post by macitect »

are you talking about the colour of just a sheet or the display background for the entire drawing? If it is the display you can adjust the colour in the preferences.

If it is really just the sheet.... I am not sure.

steven

Post by steven »

I can change the background in the peferences, but when I go to export the drawing the background color is gone. I'm designing a sign.

macitect

Post by macitect »

OK. Now i get it. I think that your best option is to just make a rectangle the size of your sign and give it a fill.
The display is just that... the display. High design assumes that everything will be printed on white regardless of the display colour. (Just like autocad or any other CAD program.)

Hope that helps. Let me know how it turns out.

cheers,

macitect

ps. there is also the image create option if you are using the professional version. it can give you a background colour OR gradient. i am at my dayjob right now so can't give you step by step instructions, but the create image icon is on the top right of the main window.

steven

Post by steven »

First, let me say I'm very new to this. I tried to do a rectangle with fill and I was able to do it. But, I was unable to have the text on top of the colored rectangle. Next, I tried the create image and that worked. But, when I went to create the image the image was a different porportion than the drawing. For example, I drew a circle in the drawing space and when I went to create the image some of the circle was cut off.

macitect

Post by macitect »

High Design can be deceptively simple. For the text/rectangle order, it is a simple matter of arrangement... choose your rectangle go into the EDIT menu and near the bottom you will see arrange, move the rectangle to the back in that menu.

As for the Image creation... you can specify the size, proportion and resolution. I missed it the first time too but it is all there.

Keep me posted.

cheers,
macitect