Need Some Help

General HighDesign Discussions
bsiler

Need Some Help

Post by bsiler »

I just downloaded High Design. When I have a tool selected and move the arrow out of the drawing window it starts scrolling to the direction of the arrow. When tried the trial it did the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
Billy

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Do you have a tool command activated?

For instance, if you've selected line tool and clicked on the drawing to start the line and move off the screen, the drawing will move incrementally as long as you're still off screen... kind of auto-scrolling.
fat guy in a little coat

bsiler

Post by bsiler »

Yes and thats exacly what it is doing. If I have to go up to the
Apple Menu Bar its starts scrolling. Is this normal?

Billy

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Yes this is normal.

Workarounds:

Enable "click-click" drawing method in the Preferences (opposed to "click-drag" and this will let you start a line, then arrow over the scroll bars to move the drawing around mid-stream. I always work with this setting on object creation. It allows you to take your finger off the mouse once you start a line/object.

Use the "Zoom" window to move around mid-stream.

Use the "Zoom" shortcuts (Numbers 1-9) mid-stream.

Create some command shortcuts for Zoom values.

Zoom out first to a view that allows you to see the start and ending areas for your objects and therefore moving the screen will not be a part of your routine during a command.

Invest in a larger screen and crank the resolution. I'va incrementally bought sold my way to the 23" ADC monitor which more or less represents full size 11x17 paper size which is my default printer so this works nicely.
fat guy in a little coat

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

And the most obvious way to move around whilst drawing... the Apple Mighty Mouse or a mouse with scroll click wheel...
fat guy in a little coat

bsiler

Post by bsiler »

ybalx

Thanks for the work arounds. I'll try them.

I got a Mighty Mouse last week. After years of using just a plain mouse I'm having to get use to it to. Maybe this is to much for an old man to learn at one time.

Still playing and trying to figure things out. But from what I have been able to do so far I am impressed with this program.

Thanks Again
Billy
If you don't mind I'll probably be asking for help again!