offset lines will not extend??

General HighDesign Discussions
Macnewbie

offset lines will not extend??

Post by Macnewbie »

In tring to draw a few steps within rectangular cut out, used the offset tool to add the step lines as the were parallel to to one edge. That edge had radius trim so the step offset lines did not reach the side walls. thought I would use the extend tool, would not extend the group, tried selecting a single line , no go.

it worke when I drew parallel constraned lines but not with the offset lines.

Seems to me that once the line is created, is a line and should respond like any other line??

Bob

macitect

Post by macitect »

Is your "rectangular cutout" a polygon or rectangle? I have noticed that extend and trim do not work with either, so if this is the case all you have to do is explode your poly/rect and then the extend command will work.
If that is not the case then let me know. Perhaps if you were to send me a copy of your file we could work it out.

cheers,
macitect

Macnewbie

Post by Macnewbie »

Actually the cutout its a plan view of the pool, drew the outside of the concete as single lines 26' by 49' because when I drew it as a rectangle the I could not draw separte offsets for each side. on 3 sides the concrete is 3' wide and at the step side it is 6' the pool is 20 x40 the steps are 6' wide centered on the 20' side and start 29" back from and parallel to the concrete. all pool corners have a 6" radius. the there are 4 steps. basicly drew parallel lines and trimed as needed. Had I drawn the steps before doing a radius fillet the steps would have reached the side. But since I did the fillet the lines were not out to the sides and there for needed to extend them. I am finding the trims a bit confusing at times.

the copy comands to place the deck posts are pretty nice, I haven't tried a multipy copy yet. and the parallel line tool is great for the 2X lumber joists.

later Bob