HighDesign 1.7 Beta 1 Now Available

General HighDesign Discussions
Andrew
Site Admin

HighDesign 1.7 Beta 1 Now Available

Post by Andrew »

A new beta of the next update is now available for download and testing. I am announcing it here because it addresses some of the issues discussed in the recent posts and introduces a few requested features, so we thought you might appreciate it.

Download it here.

The package includes the application file and the release notes in RTF format.

Important: Please note that "beta" means pre-release software and there may be some potentially serious problems. We recommend you back-up your projects before working on them with beta releases.

We look forward to your feedback! Please report any problems you may find using the online feedback form.

Thank you for your support!
The Ilexsoft Team

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

HighDesign 1.7 Beta 2 is now available for download and testing.

Important: Please note that "beta" means pre-release software and there may be some potentially serious problems. We recommend you back-up your projects before working with beta releases.

Download HighDesign 1.7b2

Beta 2 Release Notes:
<ul type="disc"><li>[FIX] Quick reference: the search box now gives the focus back to the main window.</li><li>[FIX] Pop-up menus on the Properties bar now scroll correctly (broken in 1.7b1).</li><li>[FIX] Undoing a "Delete" action on a wall now rebuilds the previous intersections.</li><li>[FIX] Exploded rectangles placed the fill in front of the border lines.</li><li>[IMP] Activating an edit tool now dismisses the previous button.</li><li>[IMP] Files from the Temporary Folder are not added to the Recent Items stack.</li><li>[IMP] The Trim tool can now use rectangles, polygons, curves, circles, ellipses and walls as cutters.</li><li>[FIX] DXF Import: ELLIPSE entities are now interpreted correctly.</li></ul>

Thanks for your help with testing the HighDesign betas.

macitect

Post by macitect »

The Trim tool can now use rectangles, polygons, curves, circles, ellipses and walls as cutters.
So if all these items work with trim will they also work with extend? (Thinking of curves more specifically.)
Thanks for your help with testing the HighDesign betas.
I can't believe how fast you guys respond to feedback! Thank you!!!!

macitect

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

So if all these items work with trim will they also work with extend? (Thinking of curves more specifically.)
Trim and Extend are different and each uses its own technique internally, so working on one does not (usually) yield results on the other.
I guess you are referring to the ability of extending an arc to another object, and that must be handled expressly.

By the way, while extending an arc can be done by changing its start or end angles, I don't see how a freehand or a bezier could be extended, at least without modifying the profile significantly.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Mea culpa...
That is indeed what I meant... the ability to extend an arc to another object is what I am/was looking for. I should have taken the time to express myself more clearly.
So an arc can already be extended by changing it's start or end angles? Didn't realize... will look in the manual tonight when I get home.
I guess you are referring to the ability of extending an arc to another object, and that must be handled expressly.
Can you just clarify for me what you mean by 'handled expressly'?

Thanks,
macitect

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

So an arc can already be extended by changing it's start or end angles?
Yes, you can edit its angles and radius by hand: select the arc, activate the Circles tool and click its endpoints or its border. What cannot (currently) be done is use the Extend tool to modify an arc, and that because the tool was designed having linear objects in mind.
Can you just clarify for me what you mean by 'handled expressly'?
Sorry, my fault. I meant handled by us, by updating the routines inside the program.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Thanks Andrew.

cheers.