HighDesign 1.7 Final Candidate 1 Now Available

General HighDesign Discussions
Andrew
Site Admin

HighDesign 1.7 Final Candidate 1 Now Available

Post by Andrew »

HighDesign 1.7 Final Candidate 1 is now available for download and testing.

"Final Candidate" is the development stage preceding the final, official release. As such, this may be the last chance to report any issues you noticed during the beta stage.

Download HighDesign 1.7fc1

HighDesign 1.7fc1 Release Notes:
<ul type="disc"><li>[FIX] Object Info: distances of a selected door / window from the intersections of its wall are now calculated correctly.
<li>[FIX] Stretching a wall no longer deletes its openings.
<li>[FIX] Create Image: the scale input field now works correctly.
<li>[CHG] The "Print" penweight mode now scales pen weights when the zoom is below 100%.
<li>[IMP] Arrows on circular arcs are aligned correctly with the arc.
<li>[OPT] Faster arc redrawing.
<li>[IMP] Improved the interface of the Object Info palette.
<li>[FIX] Closing the Edit Symbol palette no longer leaves the symbol exploded.
<li>[FIX] Fixed an internal error in the Color pop-up menu of the Properties bar.
<li>[FIX] It is possible again to move symbols with the Arrow tool.
<li>[IMP] Mirror and Mirror a Copy support symbols.
<li>[FIX] Object Info: editing width and height of symbols now works properly.
<li>[FIX] Object Info: image rotation works correctly.
<li>[FIX] Object Info: clicking the icon of a selected picture opens the Image Properties window.
<li>[NEW] Groups can now be resized with the Arrow tool.
<li>[NEW] Groups can be edited numerically via the Object Info palette.
<li>[IMP] Object Info: in a multiple selection, the current object is highlighted with a focus rectangle.
<li>[IMP] Object Info: width and height values can be set proportionally or nonproportionally.
</ul>
Thanks for your help with testing the HighDesign betas.

macitect

fc

Post by macitect »

Hi Andrew,

Are you sure you posted the right link? I now have DEBUG as one of the menus and when I open files that we're fine in the BETA versions they are really weird in the final candidate. (ie objects on sheets that are turned off appearing anyways, some objects now on different sheets, default zoom to 0%...)
I hope this is just a mix up...

cheers,
macitect

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Oops... wrong file indeed, thanks macitect!
I just replaced the file: name and location are the same, but size, menus and some functions are different.
Luckily these things can only happen with the betas, and we'll make sure they won't happen in the future.

bsiler

Post by bsiler »

Andrew,
I also so had some crazy things happening. I will download the new link. I also have another problem. Unless I make the the latest download active everything always opens with 1.7b1. I've tried to find it and trash it but can't find it !! When the finial version of 1.7 is out does it make sense to trash everything and start over.
Thanks
Billy

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

There were a couple of changes in the latest fc1 that caused problems in projects that contain groups.
Internal handling of groups changed between b4 and fc1, and though there should be little visible differences, there are some big advantages: for instance, HighDesign 1.7 is about twice as faster in opening files with groups saved in 1.7.
Unless I make the the latest download active everything always opens with 1.7b1. I've tried to find it and trash it but can't find it !! When the finial version of 1.7 is out does it make sense to trash everything and start over.
Try this: select a HighDesign project in the Finder, choose File > Get Info; now go to the "Open with" group, expand it if collapsed, and select "HighDesign 1.7fc1" from the pop-up menu; click the Change All button and then Continue in the alert.

When the final 1.7 release is available, it certainly makes sense to trash all the 1.7 betas you have on disk. At that point, the Finder normally picks the latest version of each application.