Printing and vertical dimensions text

General HighDesign Discussions
gell

Printing and vertical dimensions text

Post by gell »

I have a problem with printing from HighDesign.

I have a number of projects I have made, when i try to print them, any dimensions I have that are aligned vertical do not have their text printed out. Instead just a black box that covers the area where the text should be. The horizontal dimensions are fine.

Interestingly if I print to PDF, the PDF looks ok, but when I print it, it also has this problem. Further if I print to a .ep, then load this into preview (Mac OS X 10.4.7) then the vertical dimensions look fine (however I am not happy with the lines in these .ep files so its not a great work-around).

I have tried this with several printers, from the same Mac, so I don't THINK its a driver problem.

cheers in adavnce for comments,

chris

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Sounds like your fonts are corrupted and/or not supported by the printer. Have you tried a different font for your dimensions? Validate your fonts in Font Book (OS X utility) and make sure the font is not an old OX 9 font hanging around.

I actually used to have this problem printing a pdf for view on windows OS. I believe a not so recent HD update fixed the PDF font issue of black boxes.

Alex
fat guy in a little coat