tough time selecting objects

General HighDesign Discussions
kohledfusion

tough time selecting objects

Post by kohledfusion »

I just upgraded to Leopard & suddenly am having great difficulty selecting and editing objects. I can click on end and mid points, but it won't select. I also can't move endpoints of walls or lines I already have selected. Anyone else experiencing this? I already restarted my mac, but it doesn't help.
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

macitect

Re: tough time selecting objects

Post by macitect »

Now I won't deny that there are times where selecting and snaps can be a little quirky, but it has never been consistent for me... Is this happening in more than one file? is it happening to all sorts of objects or just certain types.

My experience is not limited to this, but I find I have these problems most often with hatch objects, and very often it has to do with object order.

Here are the things I would try:
1. under tools>Delete Duplicate Items (sometimes different little glitches can cause objects to duplicate themselves. when one line is on another it can make selecting difficult. try this first.)

2. try different files.

3. if it persists move you .plist from the pref folder to your desktop (I know you already know this Erin, but for those who might also find this helpful..) Put .plist back if it doesn't correct the situation.

4. in Disk Utility - repairing permissions can often work minor miracles. Just be sure to restart after.

5. if none of the above help, send Ilexsoft 1,000,000 tech support emails in quick succession. :wink:

Hope it clears up!

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

Found the culprit!

My snap range in Prefs was set to one pixel - gah. Hooray for easy fixes! :P
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

macitect

Post by macitect »

Someone with admin privileges must have altered my original post... that was my number 1, I swear! :roll: :wink:

Good find! This is one of those handy tidbits that are worth going into the Tips section I think.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Glad no-one opted for #5. :wink: