Complete uninstall (to reinstall)

General HighDesign Discussions
kohledfusion

Complete uninstall (to reinstall)

Post by kohledfusion »

Aloha Ilexsoft,

I am giving 2015 another try with 2.1 & am having strange results that others are not experiencing. I would like to do a complete uninstall (so that I can reinstall 2.1). Are there any hidden files I need to delete (plist, prefs, etc)? or is it sufficient to delete the app?

Thank you
Erin
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

Andrew
Site Admin

Re: Complete uninstall (to reinstall)

Post by Andrew »

To reset the preferences, launch HighDesign 2015 while holding down the Command and Shift keys on the keyboard. That will revert all your application settings to the defaults, including the default template on HD Pro.

To completely uninstall the old files, you would have to access the user support folder, but we normally do not recommend that. Preferences and user resources are stored in Application Support inside the Library folder, which Apple does not make accessible to users (and for good reasons). To open it, in the Finder open the "Go" menu and hold down the Alt key. An item name "Library" will appear in the menu. Go to Library > Application Support > ilexsoft > HighDesign 2015. Careful about what you delete there as that folder stores all your custom hatches, linetypes, symbols, templates, etc.

kohledfusion

Post by kohledfusion »

Thank you!
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

Uberschall

Post by Uberschall »

Hi, new from Melbourne Australia. Pahoa you mentioned Quilt in your signature, are you selling quilt or quilt covers?
Recommended Home Republic Quilt Covers Online https://www.clicknbuyaustralia.com/brand/home-republic/ Australia.