Scalling Hatches

General HighDesign Discussions
bdgWesternMass

Scalling Hatches

Post by bdgWesternMass »

Hey All,

I'm working with HD2017 on a Mac and I'm having a hard time getting fill/hatch to scale with my drawing.
I have a background image of a 3/4 view photo of an old brick building and I want to create a quick sketch of it in stucco. I have done some rudimentary things and can see that what I want to do will work production wise.

The problem I have is when I create a hatch and fill it with any of the built concrete textures of high design I can' get the texture to scale with the image photo I'm using as background.

I can best describe it as the cement texture is too large for the building. I have tried both the scale texture with drawing textbooks and the slider to try to find an appropriate texture but neither get small enough.

Any guidance appreciated.

Ben

John Compiani

Re: Scalling Hatches

Post by John Compiani »

Have you tried changing the sheet/drawing scale? The textures/hatches will change size depending on the scale you're drawing at. If you're at 1:100 try changing the drawing scale to 1:50. The texture will scale accordingly.

bdgWesternMass

Re: Scalling Hatches

Post by bdgWesternMass »

This definitely helped. I will have to re-assemble my drawing to figure what values make sense, but I can see that the sheet scale is having a big effect.