Image scaling

General HighDesign Discussions
adrianlambert

Image scaling

Post by adrianlambert »

I used to use HD some years ago but haven't needed it for a while so I'm running a trial of LT5 for a new project but have found myself confused by a scaling issue. I imported a dwg file of a shipping container to plan a photographic exhibit within. I then import the images that will hang in the space but they are showing at a very low resolution. How do I get these to show with detail?
Screenshot 2019-11-26 at 10.37.54.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

adrianlambert

Re: Image scaling

Post by adrianlambert »

Bump!
To clarify the image is placed an a good resolution but when I scale it to fit the drawing the resolution drops as though the print output for the image is very low. This is counter intuitive to me as I'd expect that when I scale down the image the resolution would be higher, rather than lower. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

As a follow-up to this thread and the emails exchanged with support, I can anticipate that we redesigned the way images are managed. In the next update, image resizing operations, either via the settings panel, cursor, or object info, will be non-destructive: that means that it will be possible to modify the image size and resolution without altering the pixels of the original image (no "resampling", for the Photoshop geeks), and you'll be able to restore the original dimensions at any time.

macmau74

Post by macmau74 »

Andrew wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:01 am In the next update, image resizing operations, either via the settings panel, cursor, or object info, will be non-destructive: that means that it will be possible to modify the image size and resolution without altering the pixels of the original image (no "resampling", for the Photoshop geeks), and you'll be able to restore the original dimensions at any time.
Great news! When will the next update be released?
I would also like to be able to use images as library items. Is there any chance for that?
Best Regards

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

macmau74 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:53 am Great news! When will the next update be released?
It's very close. We're completing the final tests.
I would also like to be able to use images as library items. Is there any chance for that?
That is already possible, in a way, by saving the images as symbols, so you can have one image and as many instances as you need.

The new system will treat images as project resources by default: you'll be able to insert the same image multiple times and only have one bitmap stored in the project.

macmau74

Post by macmau74 »

Andrew wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:34 am That is already possible, in a way, by saving the images as symbols, so you can have one image and as many instances as you need.
It is possible, but the usefulness is limited, at least until the images-symbols can be resized.
We look forward to the next update! :)