R5 -> HD17 backwards compatibility

General HighDesign Discussions
kohledfusion

R5 -> HD17 backwards compatibility

Post by kohledfusion »

Has anyone successfully reverted an R5 file to HD17 using Save Special>Save as older Version command? I've tried get corrupted files that lock up HD17 when I try to open them. Saving as DWG does the same thing. So far my only workaround is saving as DXF and opening in HD17, which loses lots of work.
Pahoa, HI

* Architectural Drafting & Design * Metal Art *
* Custom Quilts * Web Design and Programming *

Philip R

Re: R5 -> HD17 backwards compatibility

Post by Philip R »

No, I have not But I have had a somewhat similar experience but in reverse and my experience might be interesting to you. I had started drawings in 17 then opened them in the newer R5 version only to lose some of the work I have done, even when I go back to 17 it is not there. Sorry to say I have not figured out a good solution. However, the one thing I have done is go to a back-up that has not been opened in the newer version and open it in the older version, and there is my missing work. So I make a change to the save as name and only open it in the older version. Simple bit that is hardly a good way to work. Stand alone software of all types have always had this problem with newer version compatibility. Basically, any drawing I do I now open it with the version I created it in.