set printer + sheet size in Windows?

General HighDesign Discussions
macitect

set printer + sheet size in Windows?

Post by macitect »

I am trialling the windows version after having used high design plenty on macs before. can someone please tell me where or how I set the printer? Under page setup I am only given the option of A4 or 'letter' paper, and customisable margins. I am running windows 10.
Here's a pic of the options I get:
high design print setting.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

macitect

Re: set printer + sheet size in Windows?

Post by macitect »

Anyone? It has got to be somewhere simple that I am overlooking, but I cannot setup my printer from the windows version. Please help!

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

In HighDesign for Windows you can set the printer through the Print dialog: just click the Print button of the HighDesign Print Center window to open the Windows Print dialog and select the system default printer in the list of available printers.
When you open the Page Setup dialog you get the option to select the paper size of the currently selected printer.
HighDesignR5_2020-05-18_17-38-58.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

macitect

Post by macitect »

Andrew wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:11 pm In HighDesign for Windows you can set the printer through the Print dialog: just click the Print button of the HighDesign Print Center window to open the Windows Print dialog and select the system default printer in the list of available printers.
When you open the Page Setup dialog you get the option to select the paper size of the currently selected printer.
Thanks Andrew, but frustratingly this is not working for me.
When I select print from the print centre dialogue I am given the option to select the printer, but once I've done this either I press print from that dialogue, or cancel. If I press cancel in order to return to the print centre dialogue I am still only left with A4 or 'letter'. If I press 'print' it sends to the printer and does not allow me to go back and select the paper size. Furthermore, once I have pressed 'print' when I return to the print centre dialogue the printer I have just selected is not now the default, so I still am left with A4 or 'letter'. Any more ideas?

Best,