Confused Shortcut Commands

General HighDesign Discussions
Touw

Confused Shortcut Commands

Post by Touw »

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how the shortcut commands work. There seems to be a discrepancy in how they appear to be set under 'Preferences' in the 'Shortcuts table' and what appears on the drop down menus (such as 'Edit') and what actually works when applying the keys. For instance: the command "delete" -- under the shortcut table it is listed as simply "E" however under the 'Edit' drop down menu it is listed as "cmd E" -- when I try "E" nothing happens -- when I try "cmd E" the extension tool is activated -- the only way I can delete something is pressing the "delete" key. This is just one example - in general, I'm having trouble applying many of the default setting shortcuts and also making changes to the shortcut table and having the changes take effect when I apply them.

Is anyone else having this problem? This is in R5 Pro.

Thanks.

alexwhite

Re: Confused Shortcut Commands

Post by alexwhite »

Seems like your shortcuts are out of sorts -- just go into the Shortcuts options tab and and rename them how you'd like!
fat guy in a little coat

Touw

Re: Confused Shortcut Commands

Post by Touw »

Hi Alex,

Thanks - I have gone into the Shortcuts options tab and some I can rename but a few of them seem to have a glitch of some sort. I am using R5 Pro on a Mac Big Sur - not sure if there may be a problem because of this? I have (I think) left most of the shortcuts as the defaults to start there first. I figure if there is a problem with the default shortcuts something needs to be fixed before I start fiddling around and changing things. I understand that there is a dialogue box that pops up to prevent duplicate shortcut commands but this does not seem to always prevent this from happening.

These are the shortcuts that don't work properly for me:

-Cut: "cmd, x" --activates the "X" entry for linear input at the bottom of the screen instead of the cut command. I can change the "x" in shortcuts but when I try to change back to "x" (just experimenting) it won't let me and says that "x" is reserved for "cut" command...

-Erase: "E" - does nothing (I would really like to use E for erase!)

-Select all sheets: "cmd, shift,A" does not select all sheets

-Mask other layers: "cmd,ctrl,K" does nothing

-Next Project View: "cmd, shift" does nothing (default shortcut set the same as "Previous Project View" - shouldn't be allowed to be entered as the same...something is wrong)

-Previous Project View: "cmd, shift" does nothing (default shortcut set the same as "Next Project view" - shouldn't be allowed ... something is wrong)

-Repeat Last Action: "cmd, option, z" does nothing

-Fit Text Box to contents: "cmd, shift, option, T" does nothing