Developments

This forum is for general and non-support discussion only. Sharing ideas? Networking? Looking for collaboration? This is the right place.
peatle

Developments

Post by peatle »

Does anyone know of any application that might be available in the Mac world that will draw a development layout from the input of the characteristics of the object. ?

I often need to produce ( for rolling or bending ) the flat plate layout of a truncated steel cone, a storage hopper, of which I know the diameters at each end and the perpendicular height or the slope length.

Thanks .. Peter.

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

Head over to the SketchUp Ruby Scripts forums... they're real ingenious about creating scripts for your sort of problem.

http://forum.sketchup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
fat guy in a little coat

peatle

Post by peatle »

Thanks ybalx ...could only manage a quick look at that forum right now. It looks like one might have to be a Sketchhup PRO user to get into there, is that the case ????

Peter

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

That site might require establishing a logon account, but I don't believe you need to own that version. However, to recognize the benefit of Ruby, you may need that version eventually. I can't remember whether all versions allow Ruby scripting. Its very powerful though.

Good luck.
fat guy in a little coat