HighDesign 1.8.6 is now available for download!

All the latest news about updates, announcements, and much more.
Andrew
Site Admin

HighDesign 1.8.6 is now available for download!

Post by Andrew »

The new HighDesign 1.8.6 update was released today! This new release focuses on OS X Lion compatibility and quality fixes, expands the DWG® support to version 2012 and adds several improvements to the user interface and overall workflow.

http://www.ilexsoft.com/ftp/pub/Softwar ... -1.8.6.dmg

This version is for Intel-based computers and is a FREE update for registered users.

macitect

Re: HighDesign 1.8.6 is now available for download!

Post by macitect »

Thanks Andrew - and the rest of the team.

Any word on the release of 2.0? :-)

cheers,
derek

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

thanks for the improvements

a.micheloni

Post by a.micheloni »

Ho installato la nuova versione 1.8.6 del software... non c'è alcuno sviluppo significativo!
Il software ha ancora carenze inaccettabili, ad esempio:
- lo snap tangente a cerchi e archi non funziona correttamente
- manca lo snap ai quadranti di cerchi e archi
- i punti significativi dei simboli sono insensibili agli snaps
... il manuale (lo stesso della versione precedente) è insufficiente e contiene indicazioni errate sui comandi, l'assistenza è pressoché inutile.

Da quando ho installato la nuova versione poi l'applicazione non apre più di default i suoi file dsn, ma tra le opzioni del menù (tasto destro del mouse) mi compare TextEdit o una misteriosa applicazione "HighDesignMDImporter". Ovviamente ho tentato le consuete procedure del Mac per impostare l'applicazione di default (apri con... ottieni informazioni...), ma senza esito positivo.
Il software appare ben realizzato ma quando si inizia ad utilizzarlo ci si rende conto che non è assolutamente adatto per un uso professionale.
Esistono altre applicazioni con caratteristiche ben superiori, ad un costo anche inferiore, come ViaCAD Pro o addirittura gratuite come DraftSght.

a.micheloni

Post by a.micheloni »

I installed the new version 1.8.6 of the software ... there is no significant development!
The software still has unacceptable lacks. For example:
- snap tangent to circles and arcs is not working properly
- lacks the snap to the quadrants of circles and arcs
- the significant points of the symbols are insensitive to the snaps
... manual (the same as the previous version) is insufficient and contains incorrect information on commands, online support is almost useless.
Since I installed the new version then the application does not open its files dsn as default, but among the options menu (right mouse button) I can choose TextEdit application or a mysterious "HighDesignMDImporter".
Of course I tried the usual procedures of the Mac to set the default application (open with ... get information ...), but without success.
The software could seem well done but when you start using it you realize that it is not suited for professional use. There are other applications with superior features, at a cost even lower, as ViaCAD Pro or even free as DraftSght.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Dear customer, the release notes about HighDesign 1.8.6 state clearly that it is mainly a 'Lion' compatibility update, which means that most of the improvements and fixes were aimed specifically at adjusting the software to the new OS. There are other new features and improvements as well.

The significant new features will be introduced in the next major upgrade 2.0. Anyway, we welcome your comments and thank you for your suggestions. We will consider them for the future.

As for the online support, I would remark that we received your support request yesterday, Sunday 18, at 4:50 pm, and your comment was posted here the same Sunday at 9:23 pm, less than 5 hours later. We provide free technical support, but nowhere do we state that it is a 24/7 service, especially because we have always focused on the quality of our customer service. A technical issue like file association requires extensive review and testing by an engineer in order to reproduce, identify and correct the problem and provide a helpful answer to you.

Michel PM

Post by Michel PM »

Hey Andrew!!
You guys haven't heard a peep from me for quite awhile, but still a loyal user!
Great to see this update and yeah, so far the improvements look like a winner!
Haven't tried them all, yet, though.
Great work on this application! Keep it going!!!

TrevorML

Post by TrevorML »

Like Michael I have not been very active in HD for a while but am looking at trying out the latest release this weekend… lots of renovation drawings to be done so have to knuckle down and put HD through it's paces…

by the way… have not seen anything come through in the beta area for a while… v2 betas going to be available for the beta testers any time soon??

cheers from Oz
Trevor

matthew.Stanfield

Post by matthew.Stanfield »

Any chance we will see a beta release of HD 2 prior to the new year?

matthew.Stanfield

So i open HD1.8.6 this afternoon and i get an update notification for 1.8.7. After working in if for an hour, i do not notice and new features, just a new look.

axys

Post by axys »

Some subtle changes, nothing too obvious, hopefully its all under the hood. I note the side bar icons are slightly more spaced - I'd really like the ability to adjust the size of all the icons, top and side, as I find them all a little small.

In addition, the layer control and line type controls at the bottom do not support Apple's mouse scroll ball, which is really irritating - can this be fixed please?

matthew.Stanfield

I kind of thought there might be an 'official' announcement of the HD 1.8.7 update and maybe a word about when HD 2.0 might be expected.