HighDesign 2017 Released

All the latest news about updates, announcements, and much more.
Andrew
Site Admin

HighDesign 2017 Released

Post by Andrew »

HighDesign 2017 is now available for download at http://www.ilexsoft.com/downloads/index.html. This latest version introduces a new, entry-level LT edition aimed at individuals who simply need professional-grade drafting tools within an easy-to-use, yet affordable solution.

HighDesign 2017 is also coming to the Windows platform. HighDesign for Windows has been designed to preserve the same user experience, features, file format and usability as the Mac version, thus enabling the users to freely choose the platform that best suits their needs. HighDesign for Windows is currently in the final beta testing stage and will be available in the first quarter of 2017.
To be notified when the HighDesign for Windows beta is available, sign up at http://www.ilexsoft.com/highdesign/high ... ndows.html

Other new features in HighDesign 2017
  • Textures: The HighDesign library now includes a selection of textures ready to use in projects. Textures can have custom origin, scale and orientation. In the Standard and Pro editions, the Drawing Manager allows the user to extend the library with new, custom textures.
  • Improved drafting: many tools have been improved to provide more powerful drafting features, such as circular holes inside hatches, more accurate input and dimensioning, new special line types such as grass and ridge, more options for poly-lines, and better management of the project resources.
  • Smarter Columns: the Columns tool in HighDesign Pro now automatically aligns the insertion point of new columns to the grid defined by existing columns. With this feature, it is now possible to effortlessly create structural grids at a defined angle and offset.
  • Better DXF/DWG compatibility: HighDesign 2017 adds a much improved layout support, more entities and better support for user coordinate systems which is critical when importing drawings created by BIM packages.
  • Many improvements aimed at stability, speed and overall consistency.
The complete list of changes is available at http://www.ilexsoft.com/support/release ... -2017.html

rudy@viscon

Re: HighDesign 2017 Released

Post by rudy@viscon »

As a recent 2016 Pro purchaser, do I get the 2017 release free? If so, How do I update?

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

If you purchased through our store, your license includes one year of free updates, after which you can renew for another year at a discounted price. For example, if you purchased in June 2016, you can install and use all the updates that are released until June 2017, no matter their version number.

To update, simply download the new DMG package and copy the app to your Applications folder. We usually advise to remove the previous version because having two different versions can create some confusion in the Finder, but that is optional.

alexwhite

Post by alexwhite »

2017 is rock solid so far - thanks for the update Andrea!

rudy@viscon

Post by rudy@viscon »

Andrew, so If I purchased 2016 Pro via Apple App Store, I don't have one year free updates? If this is the case, what are my options to update to 2017 Pro?
-Rudy

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

rudy@viscon wrote:Andrew, so If I purchased 2016 Pro via Apple App Store, I don't have one year free updates? If this is the case, what are my options to update to 2017 Pro?
-Rudy
Rudy, unfortunately the App Store makes it impossible for developers to implement upgrades and renewals. However, we want to do all we can to provide the best conditions to our users. Please contact us privately so we can find an arrangement.