HighDesign R5 Now Available

All the latest news about updates, announcements, and much more.
Andrew
Site Admin

HighDesign R5 Now Available

Post by Andrew »

We're excited to announce the availability of HighDesign R5, the fifth major release of our design software, now for Mac and Windows 10.

HighDesign R5 marks a turning point: after a deep internal redesign, the new features integrate processes and tools typical of Building Information Modeling processes into a traditional CAD environment. The project structure now includes specialized sheet types with dedicated features and options: drafting sheets, details and layouts help organize the complexity of a design project. The new Project Browser panel gives you quick access to view, edit and sort all the items in the project. Read More...

axys

Re: HighDesign R5 Now Available

Post by axys »

Exciting stuff - I've bought and look forward to getting to grips with it. I particularly like the option of drawing 1:1 as I'm so used to doing that now in SketchUp.

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

Thank you! Next week we'll begin posting short video tutorials, starting from the new features like callouts, details, viewports, etc.

axys

Post by axys »

That’s good, I think short videos are a really useful way of demonstrating/learning and often so much better than a written description.

axys

Post by axys »

Check for updates says a new version is available - 1648. Selecting download, I get the same version I have - 1647.

macmau74

Post by macmau74 »

I would like to try R5 on my iMac 7.1 with MacOs 10.11 but the R5 splash screen window remains in the foreground, and the trial version does not work.
can Highdesign R5 and 2017 coexist on the same mac?

Andrew
Site Admin

Post by Andrew »

macmau74 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:37 pm I would like to try R5 on my iMac 7.1 with MacOs 10.11 but the R5 splash screen window remains in the foreground, and the trial version does not work.
can Highdesign R5 and 2017 coexist on the same mac?
Hi, our tests showed no incompatibilities between 2017 and R5. In fact, they use different support folders to avoid conflicts. Please contact us at support describing what happens when you launch R5, ideally with a screenshot (In italiano va benissimo :) )

GCARCH

Post by GCARCH »

Good work on R5, Andrew.

I have a 2017 Pro licence and I've downloaded the trial of R5 and I think it has much wider capability than 2017. It looks and feels so good to use. However, I've a question (probably a stupid one)about upgrading from 2107. When going through the renew licence process, it's not clear to me if I get the latest R5 version for my £158.00, or another copy of 2017 Pro. Has anybody been through this process? Thank you!

axys

Post by axys »

I've bought it as an upgrade to 2017 via www.ilexsoft.com/store/renew.html - I was sent a new license key to enter into R5, which all worked fine. My cost was £183.48 inc VAT.

GCARCH

Post by GCARCH »

Many thanks, Axys, that's very helpful.